Mediterranean Farro Salad
Mediterranean Farro Salad is a great way to get all your colors in one bowl of sunshine. It's easily adaptable to your preferences. Use what you have in the garden or pick out your favorites at the market and enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 cups semi-pearled farro
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bunch kale washed and roughly chopped
- 1 –2 tablespoons high-quality vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustardGrilled vegetables zucchini, peppers, eggplant, etc.Raw vegetables (tomato, cucumber, onions, garlic, etc.), chopped
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Herbs parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, etc, chopped
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add farro, stirring frequently, 3–5 minutes. Add stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer, cover and cook about 30 minutes. Remove cover, add kale, and cook until most of the moisture is absorbed. Transfer farro to large serving dish.
Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, and dijon mustard, set aside.
If grilling vegetables, halve and core peppers, and slice zucchini and eggplant 1/2-inch thick and grill over medium-high heat for 3–5 minutes per side. Remove from grill, chop, and toss with farro.
Toss in remaining raw veggies, olives, feta, herbs, and S&P to taste. Add vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature (or cold as leftovers).