- Serves: 4
- Skewers, soaked if wooden
- 1 pound turkey breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1/3 cup neutral-tasting oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mild white miso paste (not all brands are GF)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 –2 teaspoons crushed dried chilies
Asian Style Slaw
- 4 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 medium carrots, julienned
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on the bias at an angle (green and white parts)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup Thai basil, chopped coarsely
- 2/3 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut crystals
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- For the marinade/dressing, blend oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, miso, ginger, garlic, lime juice, sesame oil, and chilies in blender until mixed together. Reserve at least 1/2 cup; this will be your dressing for the slaw. Place the remaining marinade along with the turkey in a Ziploc bag or container. Marinate for 4–6 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrots, scallions, cilantro, and basil. Toss with reserved dressing shortly before serving.
- For the cashew sauce, place cashews in food processor and process until smooth. Add coconut milk, curry paste, soy sauce, brown sugar, and lime juice and process until smooth. Leftover sauce should be refrigerated.
- Preheat grill over high. Remove turkey from marinade, and thread onto skewers.
- Grill turkey skewers for 2–3 minutes per side. Transfer to aluminum foil tented plate to rest. Once rested, serve over slaw and drizzle with cashew sauce.