I prefer to prep the puff pastry and cheese mixture first. I wait to grill the ramps right before assembling the tart.
- Serves: 6
- 1 sheet frozen puff-pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 cups grated cheese (I used a combo of Grand Cru, Havarti, and Raspberry BellaVitano®)
- 10 –12 ramps, small bulbs preferred
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Carefully roll out puff pastry onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle parmesan uniformly over pastry shell. Using a fork, thoroughly poke holes in shell. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on baking sheet.
- Preheat grill over high heat. While grill is preheating, whisk egg yolks, cream, nutmeg and salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir in cheese(s); set aside. Transfer ramps to rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill ramps over high heat until charred, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and chop, if desired.
- To assemble tart, spread cheese mixture evenly over slightly-cooled tart shell, leaving a one-inch border. Add grilled ramps. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese has melted.