To keep things simple, I like to buy an olive blend in oil with herbs, such as the one linked in the article above. Olive bars are also becoming increasingly popular in grocery stores. If neither is an option, simply heat olives in olive oil with a handful of your favorite herbs + garlic.
- Yield: Depends whether or not you want to share ;)
- Olives in olive oil with herbs
- Tomatoes, sliced thin
- Burrata, drained
- Basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat a small skillet over low heat. Heat olives until warmed throughout, shaking pan periodically, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, sugar, and S&P. Arrange tomatoes, burrata, and basil leaves on a platter. Drizzle dressing over tomato platter (you may not use it all).
- Transfer warmed olives to a bowl and serve alongside tomato platter.
- Serve with grilled bread and Sauvignon Blanc,