- 2 cups gluten-free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tart baking apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- Crumble topping, recipe follows
- Caramel sauce, optional
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour)
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats (gluten-free if preferred)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and coconut sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 forks until mixture is crumbly. Press evenly into a 9x13 baking pan lined with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/4 cup coconut sugar and honey in an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional minute. Pour over slightly-cooled crust.
- In a small bowl, stir together chopped apples, remaining 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- For the crumble topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Sprinkle crumble topping over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes, or until filling is set. Cool completely. Serve with caramel sauce for drizzling.