For a smoother consistency, grind some or all of the mustard seeds before adding to the mixture.
- Yield: 4 1/2 pints
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup brown mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 –1 cup cider vinegar
- Add rhubarb, red wine, honey, coconut sugar, and fenugreek seeds to medium-size pot and cook over medium heat until rhubarb is extremely soft; about 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add rhubarb mixture to the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Add yellow mustard seeds, brown mustard seeds, salt, red wine vinegar, and 1/2 cup cider vinegar to the mixture. Process until fully mixed.
- Refrigerate mixture (in food processor bowl if possible) for at least 2 days. Return bowl to food processor and process until desired texture, adding more vinegar as necessary. Regrigerate in jars.